Terms and Conditions
Here we are. You've found another one of our 'compliance-legal-official' sections here on our otherwise light-hearted website.
This is all very important information that covers both you as a customer, and DCUK as a supplier - but it's a bit sad that we've got something so formal sounding on our website. In fact, we're going to rejig this at the earliest opportunity into something more like our usual DCUK content. We'll still officially outline all the important details of course, but there's nowhere that says we can't do it with a smile, right?
In the meantime, everything contained below has been checked and verified by the relevant people. So you can be confident of our best intentions (and attention) at all times. Thank you.
The aim of this website is to provide you with a wide range of information about The Duck Company hereafter known as DCUK. The content of this website is for guidance only and professional advice should be obtained before acting on any information contained within these pages. No responsibility can be accepted for loss occasioned to any person as a result of action taken or refrained from in consequence of these contents.
Terms relating to online orders
Any acceptance by us (DCUK) of an order by you (the customer) is subject to the following conditions:
- If we are unable to accept your order for any reason, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the goods.
- This might be because the goods are out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the goods, or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- Only one valid discount code is permitted for any single order transaction. Unless otherwise stated, discount codes are strictly set up as one use per customer, matched to the billing address.
- Additional discount code use is permitted at the discretion of DCUK, and we reserve the right to remove the effect of any discount code. If we do, then you will be notified before the order is processed to provide the opportunity to clarify or cancel.
- Whilst we endeavour to adhere to our published prices, we reserve the right to amend them to those ruling at the date of dispatch.
- All prices are pound sterling and include VAT.
- All our prices are checked for accuracy on a regular basis and we take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct.
- In the unlikely event of discovering an error with the price of any item in your order, we will inform you as soon as possible. We are no under obligation to provide goods to you at the incorrect lower price and reserve the right to cancel your order.
- In cases where contact cannot be made, we will treat the order as cancelled.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.
- Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it remains your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on every occasion you visit and use this website.
- Please note that our specific approach to Refunds and Returns is listed out clearly on a separate page for your reference.
The copyright in the material contained in the website, design, text, graphics and software belongs to DCUK or the providers of such information. All rights are reserved. None of this material may be reproduced or redistributed without our written permission. You may download or print extracts from the site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
All links on the website are provided as a convenience to our users. The sites reached by these links are not under the control of DCUK. When you click through to these sites you leave the area under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the content or services offered by these sites, or their use of any data you provide them with. The provision of a link to a third party website should not be considered as an express or an implied endorsement by us of any content, information, products or services that may be offered.
Exclusions of liability
To the extent permitted by applicable law, DCUK disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on the website. DCUK does not guarantee that the website will be fault free and neither will accept liability for any errors or omissions. Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the website, any liability DCUK may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the website, or from any use of the website or reliance on the data transmitted using the website, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
In no event shall DCUK be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the website, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law. DCUK does not give any warranty that the website are free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.