Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refers to the business, DCUK.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- Data Protection Laws means the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and/or the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under Data Protection Laws we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We use the contract lawful basis under Data Protection Laws for the processing of your information when you make a purchase from this website, explicitly consent to our email mailing list or in instances where you are a consultant. Your information is used to process your transaction and send you order updates and marketing messages within the scope outlined to you at the point of subscription, or for the purposes of performing the contract we have with you or as required by law or regulatory requirements. We collect the following information from you:
- identifiers, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data: which includes your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: includes your bank accounts and payment card details.
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (I.P.) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing material from us and your communication preferences.
For consultants, we additionally collect the following information from you:
- Details of the services you are contracted to supply to us and any agreed rates
- Copies of invoices provided by you and bank details for payments of those invoices
You can unsubscribe or manage your personal information at any time through an online system, which you will find links to in any subscription confirmation email, order confirmation email or marketing message we have sent to you.
We will continue to process your information until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Your personal data under the consent lawful basis is not shared with any third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
If you are a supplier, your information will be shared internally with those involved in the relationship with you. The information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role.
Your individual rights
Under Data Protection Laws your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in detail here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with Data Protection Laws.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Remembering login status if you have created an account and opted to stay logged in
- Remembering some basket information that you may have previously added to your basket on our shop
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet Data Protection Laws compliance requirements.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under Data Protection Laws we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third-party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons/tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with Data Protection Laws. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is MailChimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system:
- Your name
- Email address
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- Small business GDPR policy template
Privacy Notice Policy October 2019